Tuesday, April 05, 2005
2005 Jaldi Quiz - 7
1. Connect Adrian Florisz Dedel with Pope John Paul II.
Ans: They are the last two non Italian Popes. Adrian VI was from Netherlands of German ancestry. John Paul II born Karol Wojtyla was from Poland.
Addendum: Jay Srinivas from the QFI group adds on non Italian Popes: Adrian IV or Hadrian IV, born Nicholas Breakspear is the only Englishman who has occupied the papal chair (1154 to 1159).
2. What connects Castel Gandolfo in Italy to the Pope.
Ans: It is the summer residence of the Pope.
3. What was first mentioned in a letter of Pope Clement IV to his nephew in 1265 ?
Ans: The Fisherman's Ring. The Ring features features St. Peter fishing from a boat.
4. Applicants to this job must be Roman Catholic males of Swiss nationality who have completed basic training with the Swiss military and can obtain certificates of good conduct. Recruits must be between 19 and 30 and at least (5ft 9in) tall. Which job ?
Ans: The Swiss Guards.
5. What was first created in Ireland for the visit of Pope John Paul II in 1979 ?
Ans: The Popemobile.
The 6 th question: Which organisation has the motto "Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation "